Tuesday, April 4, 2017

{Movie Review} The LEGO Batman Movie

In the irreverent spirit of fun that made "The LEGO (R) Movie" a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble - LEGO Batman - stars in his own big-screen adventure: "The LEGO (R) Batman Movie." But there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker's hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.
Rating: PG (for rude humor and some action)
Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Kids & Family
Directed By: Chris McKay
Written By: Seth Grahame-Smith, Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Jared Stern, John Whittington
Runtime: 90 minutes
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures

Review: We took the kids to see this a little while ago, C had been asking to see it ever since it came out. I have to admit I was a little excited myself after seeing the trailers. It was what I've come to expect from the Lego company and their witty, sometimes sarcastic, fun.

Things I wasn't thrilled with: There's really not much to go in this section, the only huge grip I had was with the choice of voice actors for Harley Quinn and the Joker. I don't think Zach Galifianakis and Jenny Slate were good for those characters. Now I know that Mark Hamill can't drop everything when ever there is a Joker role available, because let's face it he is the best voice actor for the Joker. But they could have found someone better fitting than Zach Galifianakis. As for Harley she needed way more nose, come on she's from Brooklyn.

Things I liked: Still on the subject of voice actors I think Will Arnett and Michael Cera were great choices for Batman and Robin. They have good chemistry from already working together and are able to play off each other, which comes through even when it's just their voices.
The plot of the movie is cute and funny, teaching Batman that he doesn't have to be the lone vigilante. I loved the little extras that Lego threw in, referencing past Batman characters and other fun little facts.

This was an excellent family movie and a fun movie to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment