Sunday, August 6, 2017

Weekly Update

 Sunday Post
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

This is my newish blog, for those who follow Just a Little R&R you'll probably see cross over posts on here but also other content. 


Life:
So this week was kinda a bust. I started feeling sick Sat night and wound up missing Mon and Tuesday. I think I had the flu, but not really sure. High fever, achy, hot/ cold, you know the drill. While it suck, I ended up writing two blog posts ( although I need to type them up) and binge reading a bunch of comics. I may have made a huge mistake signing up for Comixology's unlimited program, but it's so worth it. I've already read more than my money's worth in just the two months I've had it. I'm super excited as Vol 1-10 of The Walking Dead just became available on Unlimited. That should get me ready for season 8. Anyway I may have gone a little nuts borrowing comics. So expect some reviews in the future. The thing is I haven't been in the mood to read books, which is why Grave Peril has been on my currently reading list for so long. I'll read a little bit, then set it aside, read a little bit, set it aside... you get the idea.
In other news the MIL took the kids last night so DK and I got a little quiet time. This is the first time all summer, we've had time to ourselves without the munchkins. I have to admit it was nice.

Here's what was on the blog this week...

Monday, July 31, 2017: {Recipe} Yao Guai Roast
Wednesday, August 2, 2017: Workout Weds- Link
Thursday, August 3, 2017: {Pre-Workout Review} Pre-Gro Max

Challenges:
Comic Book Bingo Challenge 2017: Read 29 of 25

What I'm reading...
Covers linked to GoodReads
 The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye  Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)



What I Finished:
Return To Wonderland #1 (of 6)Harley's Little Black BookDC Comics: Bombshells #1

  Grimm: The Warlock #1   Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Wild Card (gn)Grimm Fairy Tales Omnibus Volume 1


What I'm playing:
Fallout 4 cover art.jpg  Fallout 3 cover art.PNG Dragon Age Origins cover.png


FitReader:

Challenge: 
Walking to Mordor: 137.82 /1779 miles

7/29/17: Ran 1.66 mile in 15:07
8/4/17: 1 hour of swimming

So that was my week, how was your's? Read anything good? 
Leave your link in the comments and I'll get back to you. 

 Random:

Sorry to the Harry Potter Fans but I couldn't help myself. 

4 comments:

  1. I signed up for ComiXology too and it's addictive- there are so many co mics I want to read lol. I need to read some Harley Quinn stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've read some great comics! I need to sign up for Comixology some day!

    Here’s my Sunday Post !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read a comic!

    Check out my Sunday Post at El's Book Reviews!

    Hope you have a great day!

    - El @ El's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better! I had a good week this past week - both kids have been away at overnight camp - first time ever both kids gone for more than a night. Hubs and I have taken advantage with evenings out and relaxing days. (don't let my kids know, but I do miss them a little).

    ReplyDelete